Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back from wherever I was...

...which was mostly here in DC, still working as Director/Producer of NPR's Morning Edition. For my "years of service" award--held in the building a couple months ago to honor those of us who can't find jobs doing anything else--I was engifted with a nice travel duffel bag, which I put to good use on a fantastic trip to South Africa a couple weeks ago. More about that later when I have edited the thousand or so photos down to a manageable number--but in the meantime, there are a few posted from my phone on my Facebook page.

Just to let you know, now that it's October it means the Rehoboth Jazz Festival must be looming, and indeed it is, coming up this week. I'll be playing with my trio, featuring Tom Anthony on bass and Felix Contreras on drums/percussion, at several places around town, so please stop in and see us, have a drink, say hi. Here's our schedule:

Thursday Oct. 13, Espuma Restaurant, 6:30-10:30.
Friday Oct. 14, Porcini House Restaurant, 6:30-10:30
Saturday Oct. 15, Rose Garden (women's clothing, very chic), 2:00-4:00 PM
Saturday Oct. 15, Porcini House Restaurant, 6:30-10:30
Sunday Oct. 16, Back Porch Cafe, 11:00-2:30

Reservations at the restaurants are a good idea--the phone numbers are easily found on the internet.

Hope to see you there. It's the best adult party of the year, don't miss it!

Best, Van

No comments: